14 November 2009

Tales from Safari

As we just returned from a Safari, this coming week of posts will be about our adventures.  I’ll start today with a letter home.

 

Dear Friends,Postcard-3

I hope every thing is going well in the Northern Hemisphere.  Is it cold? Is it snowing?  That’s a shame.  I was sitting here on the warm,  tropical Indian Ocean and decided to write you a letter.  It’s hot on the coast, but a light breeze off the azure waters makes the beach a perfect place to relax.

Today we went to island Marine Reserve Mziwe about an hour’s boat trip.  The ocean here is so clear and warm!  The deep water blues are a color you wouldn’t find in a Crayola box, and the shallow waters are an aqua even National Geographic can’t capture.  As I’m used to the temperature of Minnesotan lakes, Lake Superior in particular, I brace myself as I jump in the turquoise waves, but instead of ice cubes I find a hot-tub. The only bad thing about being on the coast is the amount of sun – I’m afraid I’m a bit burnt.  I’ll have to remember to put on more sunscreen on next time I go swimming.  Alas, life isn’t perfect, is it? But nearly so in this case.

Tomorrow we are leaving this beautiful paradise.  But it isn’t as bad as it sounds.  We are headed to Sadani National Park where we hopefully see all kinds of exotic wildlife.  Wish you were here?

Best of Wishes, Mara

No comments:

Post a Comment