25 October 2009

These are a few of my favorite things

Now that I have been here for over a month, I figured I could indulge in a list of things I miss. Here they are:

  • Friends and family (but that goes without saying)
  • Pets
  • Snow (but not the cold or the biting wind)
  • Carpet
  • Goldfish (not the live ones but the cracker snacks)
  • Granola bars
  • My mattress
  • Movies
  • Numb3rs
  • High speed internet
  • St. Peter Co-op granola
  • A properly functioning shower
  • Stereo
  • Public radio (Radio Lab and This American Life in particular)
  • National Geographic
  • A completely furnished kitchen
  • Microwave
  • Books
  • Wall outlets that all work
  • A good set of pens and pencils
  • Wall decorations
  • Clothing diversity (coming down, I didn’t really know what the temperature would be like – it’s colder and people dress more formally than I expected)
  • Pizza
  • Laundry Machine
  • Dishwasher
  • Constant electricity

Tune back in during May for ‘Things I Will Miss When I Go Home’.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mara,

    (This is only my second time visiting your page, so I mostly haven't been a lurker. But I sympathize with your desire for comments!) As a fellow American in Tanzania, I miss these things, plus Halloween. I didn't think I'd miss it, but I was sad that we didn't even have a jack-o-lantern because we felt too guilty about wasting a pumpkin. Thanks for your frequent postings--and for the bird list idea!

    Julie Christoph

    ReplyDelete