18 August 2009

FYI

Karibu! (Welcome!) For those of you who don't know what we'll be up to this year, here are the details.

My mom and I will be spending the next nine months in Tanzania. She has received a Fullbright scholarship which allows her to teach and research abroad for a year. The timing was perfect for me to take a gap year as I graduated this past spring.

We will be living in Mweka, a small town in northern Tanzania. Mweka is situated near Mt. Kilimanjaro so the weather will be cooler thanks to the higher altitude. Mweka is also home to the College of African Wildlife Management, where my mom will be teaching.

During the year I will be persuing volunteer options in the area such as teaching children English along with keeping this blog updated with our latest stories and adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment